- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- ¾ Cup Glut Immune
- ¼ Cup Coconut oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- ½ TSP salt
Bread may not be the first food you think of when you think of a low carb diet. A traditional slice of bread has about 15 grams of carbs, which can add up if you are eating two slices on a sandwich.
This is why we created a low carb bread recipe to help you cut back on the carb intake, if you would like. Our recipe only has about 4 grams per slice.
All bread recipes start with flour. The “flour” in the bread is a combination of almond flour and our glutamine product Glut Immune. Almond flour is a bit denser than wheat flour, so you should expect a slightly different texture.
Glutamine is incredible for supporting intestinal health and sensitive stomachs. One thing to note, the addition of Glut Immune makes it so this is not a gluten free bread recipe. Glut Immune is made from wheat berries and contains gluten.
The other ingredients in this low carb bread recipe are incredibly simple, just coconut oil, eggs, a pinch of salt, and baking powder.
You can use our almond flour bread recipe just like you would use regular bread for sandwiches, avocado toast, or with your morning eggs.
Serving size: 1 slice (makes 12)
1. Measure out solid coconut oil then melt and set aside to let cool.
2. In a larger mixing bowl sift almond flour, Glut Immune, baking powder, salt, and set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl beat 4 eggs.
4. Now add the beaten eggs, cooled liquid coconut oil and warm water to the large bowl. Mix well!
5. In a lined bread pan transfer the mix into the bread pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Enjoy!
When using parchment paper to line a bread pan or any pan I usually grease the pan so the parchment paper sticks and makes it easier to transfer the batter. Eggs need to be room temperature to help the bread rise during the baking processes.
This bread is great to toast too! Its great with our avocado toast recipe, or mixing almond butter, honey and bioactive colostrum spread over the toast or even just to snack on during the day. Also, great to use as sandwich bread!
- Can A Protein Shake Replace A Breakfast Meal? - March 2, 2023
- Glutamine After Surgery: Does It Help With Recovery? - February 17, 2023
- Is Whey Protein Paleo Friendly? - January 30, 2023
I do not like coconut oil. For me it leaves a taste I do not care for. Is there a substitute.Where can you purchase Glut Immune.
Thank you for your question Kathy. Any neutral cooking oil can be substituted for coconut (olive oil, vegetable oil, even butter). As for Glut Immune, you can purchase it here: https://www.wellwisdom.com/product/glutimmune-the-best-glutamine-supplement/.
Stay safe and well.
-The Well Wisdom Team