Glutathione Antioxidant – The Most Important One!
We all know of antioxidants like EGCG in green tea, Vitamin C in oranges, and Vitamin A in carrots, but few people have ever heard of glutathione. But did you know that it’s one of the most powerful antioxidants of all, not to mention one of the most powerful?
Let’s take a look at what glutathione is, where it comes from, and what it can do for you:
What the Heck is Glutathione?
Glutathione is called the “mother of all antioxidants” due to the fact that it’s one of the most powerful detoxifiers, immune boosters, and disease preventing nutrients around.
It is actually a simple molecule, one that your body is always producing. It is made from three amino acids:
These three amino acids are needed by your body to build muscle, but they also ensure that your body produces sufficient quantities of this powerful antioxidant
What Does Glutathione Do?
is known to protect your body’s cells from free radical damage, which prevents toxins, UV rays, pollution, and other contaminants from causing cellular breakdown. The antioxidant is also needed by your body in order to produce white blood cells, the garbage collecting blood cells that get rid of all the bacteria, viruses, and parasites floating through your bloodstream. Glutathione helps to eliminate acidity in the body, balancing your pH and reducing your risk of a number of diseases.
Glutathione contains a lot of sulfur-like chemical groups, which are very sticky. The toxins, chemicals, heavy metals, and other harmful pathogens in the body stick to the glutathione molecules, which then allows your body to get rid of them. By flushing out the toxin-heavy glutathione, your body is able to clean itself out effectively.
With so many diseases being connected to toxins, it stands to reason that detoxifying your body is one of the best ways to avoid a whole lot of health problems, including:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Hypertension/Heart Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
A lack of glutathione has been linked to all of these health conditions, as well as many more:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Bipolar Disorder
- and many more…
The truth is that this simple molecule is one of the most important nutrients produced by your body, so it’s in your best interest to ensure that glutathione production stays at optimal levels.
Great Sources of Glutathione
If you are trying to be healthy, you’ll find that getting more glutathione is the way to go. Not only can you give your body a better chance of fighting off the diseases listed above, but you’ll keep your internal organs and functions running for years to come.
Here are some of the best food sources of glutathione:
- Broccoli — Not only is broccoli loaded with the nutrients needed for your body to produce glutathione, but it’s also rich in iron (for red blood cells), folate (important for healthy growth and cellular function), and fiber (flush toxins, prevent colorectal cancer, and more).
- Brussels sprouts — Brussels sprouts are highly rich in fiber to cleanse your digestive tract, but they also contain a lot of protective Vitamin A and other antioxidants like glutathione.
- Cabbage — With lots of glutathione, lots of fiber, and almost NO calories, cabbage is one of the foods you should eat a lot more of!
- Cauliflower — Cauliflower may not have the same nutrients as broccoli, it is loaded with antioxidants that can help to fight off cancer and other disorders.
- Avocados — Loaded with natural fats and healthy fiber, avocadoes are one of the best sources of unsaturated fats that will reduce your risk of heart disease. Plus, there’s a lot of glutathione-producing nutrients in the fruit.
- Peaches — Sweet, rich in Vitamin C, and loaded with antioxidants, peaches are the perfect health treat/dessert.
- Watermelon — Not only can you get lots of glutathione thanks to the fruit, but you can rehydrate, consume A LOT of dietary fiber, and even get prostate cancer-fighting lycopene.
- Cinnamon — As far as spices go, cinnamon is one of the healthiest! Fight diabetes, control blood pressure, and get more glutathione from this tasty spice.
- Cardamom — Make yourself a tasty cup of cardamom tea, and you get lots of glutathione, a treatment for ulcers, and anti-cancer compounds.
- Turmeric — The curcumin in turmeric is a powerful antioxidant, and the glutathione in the spice will help to prevent the diseases listed above.
- Tomatoes — Stuffed with fiber and prostate cancer-fighting lycopene, tomatoes are one of the healthiest foods around!
- Peas — Rich in protein, fiber, and amino acids, you’ll find yourself much healthier thanks to these legumes.
- Garlic and Onions — Who doesn’t love the flavor of these aromatics? Garlic is rich in sulfur, antioxidants like allicin and glutathione, and onion contains these and other beneficial properties.
If you want to get a concentrated dose of glutathione antioxidant in your diet, why not try Well Wisdom’s GlutImmune supplement
? It contains high quality nutrients that are easily processed and absorbed, ensuring that your body can produce all of the glutathione it needs to stay healthy.
With the GlutImmune supplement, you will:
- Improve the function of your immune system
- Enhance your brain function
- Increase your body’s ability to build muscle mass
- Maintain your blood sugar levels steady
- Boost your digestive health
Not only is it loaded with the most powerful antioxidant of all, but the other nutrients it contains will do wonders for your health!