I read an article online recently touting the many benefits of adding seeds to your pre or post workout nutrition, and thought it would be a great addition to our chocolate protein shake recipe! Seeds are very user friendly and can be added to virtually anything. Flaxseed in particular is packed with Omega-3 oils and contains 10 times the amount of most fish oil capsules!
A Delicious Chocolate Protein Shake recipe with FlaxseedThis shake is made with our Vital Whey Cocoa — but it would also mix in well with Vital Whey Vanilla flavor. or Vital Whey Natural flavor. Note: As long as the seeds are milled, you can also shake this up in one of our Blender Bottles! Servings 1 Serving (about 16 oz) Ingredients 16 oz Almond Milk (or any beverage of your choice) 1 Tbl Milled Flaxseed 1 scoop (20 grams) Vital Whey Natural Cocoa Directions 1. In a Blender Bottle or blender add almond milk, flaxseed and Vital Whey protein and shake/blend to combine. Which Well Wisdom whey protein should I use in my protein shake?
- Vital Whey Vanilla all natural vanilla flavor.
- Vital Whey Cocoa all natural chocolate flavor.
- Vital Whey Natural for those who prefer no sweetener or flavoring. Can be added to ANY recipe! (Same as our ImmunoPro but in 600g jar)
- ImmunoPro for those who prefer no sweetener or flavoring. Can be added to ANY recipe!
Special InstructionsTo minimize potential damage to the fragile protein components, please take the following into consideration if using a blender:
- Avoid highly acidic fruits or juices (citrus, pineapple, kefir, etc). To best maintain the native proteins within Well Wisdom’s Proserum, our whey is not subjected to any acid treatment during manufacture, and we recommend avoiding acidic ingredients when consuming our products.
- Avoid adding whey to any HOT liquids. Again, Proserum is minimally processed and it is best to avoid adding any additional heat with your smoothie.
- For least amount of agitation, it is best to add all other ingredients in your smoothie and blend them first. Add whey protein at the end, and blend for a few seconds to ensure a smooth mix.
Latest posts by welladmin (see all)
- Best Fitness Supplements: Glutamine and Colostrum Uses and Benefits - December 19, 2019
- Cooking with Protein Powder - November 22, 2019
- Is There A Point To Taking Whey Protein After Cardio? - September 16, 2019
Quick question regarding the scoops per shake. Here it says “1 scoop” for 20 grams. I recently purchased ImmunoPro and the serving size is 1 scoop = 5 grams. Should I put 4 scoops in the recipe to make 20? That seems obvious, I know, but since I’m new to this, I don’t want to take too much. Thanks for your help!