1 ¼ Cups Unsweetened almond milk
1 Cup Fresh baby spinach
¾ Cup Frozen riced cauliflower
¼ Cup Ice
1 Scoop Cocoa Vital Whey
2 TBSPs Chia seeds
1 TBSP Cocoa powder, optional
2 or 3 TSPs Granulated stevia or monk fruit sweetener
¼ TSP Ground cinnamon
¼ TSP Pure vanilla extract
Have you tried adding veggies to your chocolate protein powder shakes? Believe it or not, you can’t tell you’re drinking vegetables and it’s a great way to squeeze in an extra serving or two of vegetables!
A homemade chocolate protein shake is also a good option for breaking a period of intermittent fasting. With fiber, protein, and healthy fat, a chocolate green smoothie recipe can be a balanced way to begin your eating window.
If you regularly use protein shakes as a quick, on-the-go meal replacement, a smoothie recipe with hidden veggies is more nutritious than protein powder mixed in a liquid. Many vegetables can be blended into smoothies. Good options to try include:
- Cauliflower (raw or steamed)
- Leafy greens, like spinach and kale
- Pumpkin puree
- Sweet potato (cooked)
This hidden veggie chocolate protein shake recipe contains cauliflower and spinach, plus cocoa whey protein, chia seeds, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. It can be naturally sweetened with a touch of stevia or monk fruit sweetener, making it a delicious and low-sugar recipe.
Here’s how to make a spinach and chocolate protein shake.
Total Time: 5 minutes; Yield: 1 serving
- Place almond milk, whey protein, chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla, sweetener, spinach, cauliflower, and ice in a blender. Process on high speed until smooth. Transfer to a glass and enjoy.
- Chicken, Hummus and Veggie Wrap - February 17, 2023
- Hidden Veggie Chocolate Protein Shake - February 17, 2023
- Rice Flour Chips with Green Goddess Yogurt Dip - January 18, 2023