- 1/3 Cup Plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 3 TBSP Cream cheese
- 3 TBSP Creamy unsalted natural peanut butter
- 1 TBSP Pure maple syrup
- ½ Scoop Cocoa Vital Whey Protein
- ½ TSP Pure vanilla extract
- 2 TSP Unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ TSP Salt
- 2 Medium Apples, cored and sliced into wedges
Caramel and candy apple dippers are a favorite sweet treat, but the coatings are high in sugar, which usually also translate to high in calories as well. Caramel can also be quite sticky which means it sticks to teeth and can contribute to the development of dental cavities.
If you are looking for a delicious apple dippers recipe that is also good for your teeth, we created this one specifically for those wanting a healthy dental diet recipe to support their oral wellness.
Our family-friendly low sugar chocolate spread is made from a base of natural peanut butter, Greek yogurt, and cream cheese.
Cocoa powder and Cocoa Vital Whey Protein add chocolate-y flavor, which is a classic pairing with peanut butter. Vital Whey also adds a good dose of protein, helping balance out some of the sweetness in the chocolate peanut butter spread.
Compared to sugary caramel and candy apples, this dip is low in added sugar and contains 7 grams of protein and 4% of the RDA for calcium per serving to support strong teeth.
If you want more healthy recipes with whey protein, check out our recipe collection for lots of delicious options.
Makes: 4 servings
Total Time: 5 minutes
- Place Greek yogurt, cream cheese, and peanut butter in a mixing bowl. Whip with a handheld mixer for about 1 minute or until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the whey protein, cocoa powder, vanilla, maple syrup, and salt to the yogurt mixture. Beat the mixture, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed, until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl and serve with fresh apple slices.
For 3 tablespoons of dip with ½ apple