- 2 Cups Mixed greens, such as baby spinach, kale, butter lettuce, or spring mix
- ½ Cup Cooked barley
- ½ Cup Canned chickpeas, drained
- ½ Cup Cucumber, chopped
- ¼ Cup Red onion, chopped
- ¼ Cup Raw sauerkraut
- ¼ Medium Avocado, sliced
- 2 TBSP Slivered almonds
- 1 TBSP Apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP Extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 TSP Water
- 1 TSP Dijon mustard
- 1/2 TSP Honey
- ⅛ TSP Ground turmeric
- 1 Garlic clove, grated
- 1 Scoop Glut Immune
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
Caring for your gut health may not be the most glamorous part of your self-care routine, but feeding your gut microbiome has far-reaching benefits for your entire body
Gut healthy lunch recipes should include fiber, along with probiotics and prebiotics, which are essential nutrients for good digestive health.
Eating enough fiber helps prevent constipation, promotes healthy cholesterol levels by binding and eliminating cholesterol from the body, and can support weight loss efforts by enhancing satiety. The adult recommendation for fiber intake is 25 to 35 grams per day.
Vegan buddha bowl recipes are a great way to incorporate several high-fiber ingredients in a single meal. Some of the fiber sources in this buddha bowl recipe are leafy greens, barley, avocado, chickpeas, and almonds. This bowl delivers 15 grams of fiber, which is half the amount you need in one day.
We also included fermented ingredients, like sauerkraut and apple cider vinegar (with the mother) for probiotics, which promote a diverse microbiome in your intestines.
We now know the right mix of beneficial bacteria in your digestive tract benefits intestinal health, nutrient absorption, and immunity. There’s also evidence that your intestinal bacteria influences mood and brain health via the gut-brain axis.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 1 servings
- Prepare the dressing by whisking or shaking in a jar the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, water, honey, dijon, turmeric, garlic, and Glut Immune. Taste and season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Build your bowl. Layer the mixed greens and barley in the bottom of your serving bowl. Top with chickpeas, red onion, cucumber, sauerkraut, avocado, and slivered almonds.
- Drizzle the dressing over the bowl or serve it on the side.
To save time, precook a pot of barley to make meal prepping buddha bowls easier or look for bags of frozen grains that simply need to be reheated.
- Chicken, Hummus and Veggie Wrap - February 17, 2023
- Hidden Veggie Chocolate Protein Shake - February 17, 2023
- Rice Flour Chips with Green Goddess Yogurt Dip - January 18, 2023
Looks great ! I am going to try this. It would be very helpful to provide a print option on the page. Thanks