¾ Cup Unsweetened almond milk
¼ Cup Roasted, unsalted cashews
1 Scoop Vital Whey Vanilla Grass Fed Protein
½ TSP Bioactive Colostrum
½ TSP Chia seeds
¼ TSP Pure vanilla extract
⅛ TSP Ground cinnamon
2 Drops liquid stevia or 1/16 teaspoon powdered stevia
1 Cup ice
Dash of ground nutmeg
Pinch of salt (about 1/16 teaspoon)
A traditional milkshake made with ice cream and whole milk may taste delicious, but is high in calories, fat, and sugar. It’s not the best choice if you’re trying to manage your blood sugar levels or lose weight.
If you love the taste of a milkshake, you may be looking for some ideas for a diabetic milkshake instead. This way if you are following a low-carbohydrate diet to control your blood sugar, you can still enjoy the taste of a milkshake with this lightened up, diabetic shake recipe.
Our diabetic milkshake recipe has all the flavor with a lot fewer carbohydrates and sugar. One serving contains a total of 6.5 grams of carbohydrate and only 2 grams of sugar.
An added bonus is the healthy fat from the cashews and the addition of protein powder helps this healthy milkshake recipe satisfy you so you’re not craving another snack minutes later.
Made with unsweetened almond milk, raw cashews, and vanilla protein powder, our milkshake inspired low sugar protein shake is thick, creamy, and packed with vanilla flavor with hints of warming cinnamon and nutmeg.
Makes: 1 16-ounce or 2 8-ounce milkshakes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- Place almond milk, cashews, protein powder, colostrum, chia seeds, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, stevia, and ice in a blender.
- Blend on high speed for 30 seconds or until smooth and creamy. Transfer to glasses and serve immediately.
- Chicken, Hummus and Veggie Wrap - February 17, 2023
- Hidden Veggie Chocolate Protein Shake - February 17, 2023
- Rice Flour Chips with Green Goddess Yogurt Dip - January 18, 2023