2 Scoops Vital Whey Natural
1/3 Cup Greek Yogurt
1 TSP Dijon Mustard
¼ TSP Garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Deviled eggs are a delicious snack, appetizer or picnic treat. While a traditional deviled egg recipe is relatively simple, we decided to take a crack at making a healthy deviled eggs recipe just for you.
Our healthy deviled eggs recipe obviously starts with hard boiled eggs. For this recipe, we wanted to find a way to boost the protein in deviled eggs even more. Protein is an essential nutrient for healthy muscles and skin.
So we added 2 scoops of our Vital Whey Natural and greek yogurt to the egg yolk mix. A medium-sized egg has about 6 grams of protein. For one of these deviled eggs, the protein is 12 grams or double what you find in one egg.
For flavor we added dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt, pepper and a bit of smoked paprika. To jazz them up even more you could also add toppings, like bacon bits, chives or dill. The green color of different herbs contrasting with the yellow of the eggs, makes for a pretty dish for a get-together.
With so much protein in our healthy deviled eggs recipe with Greek yogurt, they make a really great snack or can even serve as your protein source for a quick lunch. If you want to use them as a meal, just add a side of crunchy raw veggies and a piece of whole grain bread to your plate for a quick, nutritious lunch.
Serving size: 2 egg halves (makes 12)
1. Boil eggs, peel, and half all the eggs.
2. Remove the cooked yoke and place into a small bowl and mash.
3. In another bowl mix together Greek yogurt, Dijon Mustard, whey, and garlic powder. Once well mixed combine both bowls and mix together. We recommend using an electric mixer.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste and Smoked Paprika on top.
Toppings – bacon, dill, smoked paprika, chives.
Best way to make hard boiled eggs. Place water into a pot and set on the stove. Once the water is boiling add in your eggs. Boil for 12 minutes and remove them immediately and add the eggs to a large ice bowl with little water and fully merge the eggs in this ice and water. After about 20 minutes crack the eggs and place back into the water. Now with a wet, cracked egg it is easier to peel.
- Chicken, Hummus and Veggie Wrap - February 17, 2023
- Hidden Veggie Chocolate Protein Shake - February 17, 2023
- Rice Flour Chips with Green Goddess Yogurt Dip - January 18, 2023