⅓ Cup Unpopped popcorn kernels
3 TBSPs Unsalted butter
2 Scoops Glut Immune
2 TSPs Hot sauce
½ TSP Ground cumin
½ TSP Garlic powder or granulated garlic
½ TSP paprika
½ TSP Sea salt
When the craving for a crunchy, savory snack hits, reach for popcorn! A savory popcorn recipe, like this spicy popcorn recipe, can help support weight management efforts. Here’s how:
Popcorn is a whole grain and contains fiber. If you’re trying to reach or maintain a goal weight, eating more fiber is a good way to help you feel satisfied with your meals and snacks for longer, plus fiber is beneficial for your digestive health. That also means popcorn is a more filling snack than chips or pretzels, which lack fiber and can spike blood sugar.
This spiced popcorn recipe is made with air popped corn, which contains fewer calories and fat per serving than popcorn cooked in oil or butter. The popcorn is coated with Glut Immune infused butter, for an extra bit of protein. Hot sauce plus a blend of seasonings, including cumin, garlic powder, and paprika, are also mixed into the butter.
Hot sauce contains capsaicin, a spicy compound in chili peppers that may help boost metabolism and support weight loss.. This homemade spicy popcorn can be customized to your preferred spice level by increasing or decreasing the amount of hot sauce.
Total Time: 10 minutes; Yield: 4 servings
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan set over medium heat. As soon as the butter has melted, remove from heat and stir in the hot sauce, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, and Glut Immune. If clumpy, a whisk or handheld frother can help mix everything together. Set butter aside while you cook the popcorn.
- Add popcorn kernels to an air popper and cook according to the manufacturer’s directions. Alternatively, you can place the kernels in a brown paper bag, fold the top of the bag, and microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes until most of the kernels have popped.
- Place half of the hot popcorn in a large pot or bowl with a lid. Drizzle with half of the spiced butter and ¼ teaspoon sea salt, then add the remaining popcorn, butter, and salt. Cover with the lid and shake well to evenly distribute the butter and salt. Enjoy while warm.
- Chicken, Hummus and Veggie Wrap - February 17, 2023
- Hidden Veggie Chocolate Protein Shake - February 17, 2023
- Rice Flour Chips with Green Goddess Yogurt Dip - January 18, 2023