12 Large Eggs
1 Pound Asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 Cup Cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
1 Cup Shredded swiss cheese (about 4 ounces)
¼ Cup Minced chives
¼ Cup Sliced green onions
¼ Cup Half and half
4 Scoops Glut Immune, optional
2 TBSP Finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 TBSP Extra virgin olive oil
½ TSP Salt
Ground black pepper to taste
A frittata is a crustless egg bake that combines eggs with vegetables, meat, and/or cheese. Frittatas are more similar to a savory breakfast casserole than a quiche and can be served at any meal. Try serving a wedge of frittata with fruit and whole grain toast for breakfast or pair it with a green salad for lunch or dinner.
This baked frittata recipe is made with a few warm weather produce-stand favorites: asparagus, cherry tomatoes, green onions, chives, and parsley. If you’d like to increase the protein content and get your daily dose of glutamine, we’ve also included the option to add a few scoops of Glut Immune to the beaten eggs. Be sure to whisk the eggs well to incorporate the glutamine powder for best results.
Unlike eggs cooked on the stovetop, baked egg recipes make excellent leftovers. Simply store any remaining slices of frittata in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave. File this recipe for baked eggs with asparagus and fresh herbs away for an easy, protein-packed meal that can be enjoyed any time of day.
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 30 minutes, Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Beat eggs with heavy cream. Add Glut Immune, salt, ground black pepper, chives, green onions, and parsley to the eggs. Whisk well and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, oven-proof skillet set over medium-high heat. Add asparagus to the hot oil and saute for 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the tomatoes to the skillet. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Sprinkle the swiss cheese over the asparagus and tomatoes.
- Pour the egg and herb mixture into the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat or until the edges of the eggs just begin to set.
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are no longer runny and the center of the mixture is set. Cut frittata into wedges and serve.
- Chicken, Hummus and Veggie Wrap - February 17, 2023
- Hidden Veggie Chocolate Protein Shake - February 17, 2023
- Rice Flour Chips with Green Goddess Yogurt Dip - January 18, 2023